This tour is a real escape to a stunning part of our country many Kiwis haven't been and somewhere everyone who goes falls in love with. A five day adventure from Auckland to stunning Aotea / Great Barrier Island, one of the Hauraki Gulf's real gems and, since 2017, officially recognised as an International Dark Sky Sanctuary. The tour includes the wonderful return scenic flight over the Hauraki Gulf to Aotea / Great Barrier Island. Enjoy a leisurely holiday exploring the bush lined roads, coastline and harbours in our own MoaTours coach. As with all our tours, you'll meet local artisans, guides and island personalities.
A stunning 5 day / 4 night journey from Auckland with visits to Claris, Tryphena Harbour, Okiwi, Port Fitzroy and Whangaparapara Harbour.
- Return scenic flights over the islands of Hauraki Gulf to Great Barrier Island
- Lunch with Marion at the Elephant Craft Gallery
- Visit Peter and Fenella at the Black Cow Gallery
- Dinners are privately hosted by Val at the Shoal Bay Estate
- Star gazing with Deb and Hilde at the Dark Sky Sanctuary
- Cruise with Chris from Port Fitzroy to the Broken Islands
- Meet the local volunteers at Glenfern Regional Park
- Lunch at Great Barrier Lodge on Whangaparapara Harbour.
- Milk, Honey & Grain Museum reveals the island's history
- See the beaches and walk along the bush tracks
- Visit the Heritage & Arts Village Trust in Claris
2020 Great Barrier Island Escape Tour Prices and Dates
We have four Great Barrier Island Escape tours planned for the 2020/21 season. Two of these have already sold out so get in touch right away to secure your spots. These tours are scheduled for the best time of the year to visit Great Barrier, with the Pohutukawa flowers in full bloom and lovely warm weather.
2 - 6 December 2020 Update: Sorry, it's full.
7 - 11 December 2020 Update: Sorry, it's full.
12 - 16 December 2020 Almost full.
4 - 8 January 2021 Update: New date.
Availability can change at any time, see our updated tour dates & live availability here.
The price for this tour is NZD $2590 pp for twin share and NZD $2990 pp for single.