Stay at Aoraki/Mount Cook before celebrating New Year’s Eve in style by dining at Walter Peak Station - complete with stunning views of Lake Wakatipu - before returning to Queenstown to watch the fireworks. We take a scenic jet boat ride on the Upper Waiau River. Cruise overnight on a long summer's evening at Milford Sound - it's the ultimate Milford experience. Moored in a sheltered cove, the sound is virtually ours alone. You'll love exploring Milford Sound in a small group - it's just like travelling with good friends!
"This itinerary has some of my favourite views, dining in The
Hermitage looking out to Aoraki/Mt Cook and cruising overnight
on a summer’s evening with Mitre Peak in view and Milford Sound
to ourselves. From both Walter Peak Station and the Skyline Gondola the views of
Lake Wakatipu are stunning."
- All transport by comfortable, air conditioned coach (maximum of 18 travellers).
- Services of your knowledgeable MoaTours guide.
- Quality accommodation chosen for a “sense of place".
- Return airfares ex Auckland. (please ask us about flights from other airports)
All Meals Are Included
- All breakfasts(B).
- All lunches(L) including special lunches at: Stratosphere Restaurant and Bar, Bobs Peak; Five Rivers Retreat
- All dinners(D) including special dinners at: Panorama Room, The Hermitage; Walter Peak Station; Milford Mariner, Milford Sound.
All Activities & Entrance Fees Are Included
- Cruise across Lake Wakatipu to dine at Walter Peak Station.
- In Queenstown we catch the Gondola to Bob’s Peak to lunch at Stratosphere Restaurant.
- Stay overnight on Milford Sound aboard the "Milford Mariner".
- On the "Milford Mariner's" tender cruise close-up to the shoreline.
- Visit the wildlife centre to see the rare, flightless Takahe.
- Take a scenic jet boat ride on the Upper Waiau River.
Included Sightseeing & Exploring
- Travel through Burkes Pass and the Mackenzie Country.
- At Lake Tekapo photograph the picturesque church and the sculpture celebrating the high country sheep dog.
- Explore the legendary Aoraki/Mt Cook region.
- Drive through the stark beauty of the Lindis Pass and through the Kawarau Gorge.
- Sightsee around the Queenstown region.
- Gold mining history comes alive in Arrowtown.
- Enjoy the views on a scenic drive to Glenorchy.
- Drive the dramatic road to Milford Sound in the heart of Fiordland National Park.
- In the Hollyford Valley visit historic Gunn's camp and museum.
- Explore the small township of Te Anau, the picturesque gateway to the New Zealand wilderness.