Meet the farmers, wander their beautiful gardens and enjoy the charm of quaint gold rush towns on this small group garden tour of the Otago region. Art Deco elements, Ranfurly, Fleur's famous café at Moeraki and Oamaru's Victorian Fete are special highlights.
Peonies are blooming and our southern gardeners' hospitality flows as we lunch with Annabel Russell and Jane Falconer in their gardens. I think spring is the best time to travel the wide open spaces of the Maniototo. Brunch at Fleur's at Moeraki and the Fete are both memorable.
- All transport by comfortable, air conditioned coach (maximum of 18 travellers).
- Services of your knowledgeable MoaTours guide.
- Quality accommodation chosen for a “sense of place".
- Return airfares ex Auckland. (please ask us about flights from other airports)
All Meals Are Included
- All breakfasts(B).
- All lunches(L) including special lunches at: Gibbston Valley, Queenstown; Pitches Cafe, Ophir, Clachanburn Station, Patearoa; Fleur’s Place, Moeraki; Te Timata farm, Carew.
- All dinners(D).
All Activities & Entrance Fees Are Included
- Chantecler with themed gardens from France, England, Japan and New Zealand.
- Rayleen McNally’s garden at Poolburn.
- Enjoy a drink at the Vulcan Hotel, St Bathans.
- Visit the Wrights and Thompson's farmhouse gardens near Ranfurly.
- Enjoy a tasting and garden visit at Lammermoor Station and Distillery.
- Clachanburn Garden, a Garden of National Significance, on a deer farm.
- Victorian Fete amid streets of Oamaru Stone buildings.
- Historic Places Trust Totara Estate.
- Visit Brookfield House & Garden and
- Morning tea at Rockvale Garden
Included Sightseeing & Exploring
- Visit leafy Arrowtown and browse the shops.
- Sightsee around the Queenstown region.
- View the big skies of the Maniototo Plain.
- Tour the historic settlements of Clyde, Ophir and Naseby.
- See the Blue Lake at the gold rush town of St Bathans.
- Check out Ranfurly’s antique shops and their collections of Kiwiana.
- View the Moeraki Boulders on the North Otago coast.
- Oamaru Stone buildings, fine examples of 19th century architecture.