This is our news stream with the latest travel information and updates for domestic travellers on our MoaTours Small Group Escapes for 2020 and beyond, considering the current Covid 19 Pandemic. For anyone booked on our tours with specific questions please get in touch with our team directly.
Please be mindful that this is a fast moving situation that can change at any time.
3 Apr 2020 - New Zealand still at Alert Level 4
New Zealand is in a full lockdown, with no domestic travel permitted for anything other than essential services. MoaTours remains open and all staff are working from home.
It’s too soon for us to say how our tours in the 2020/2021 summer season will be affected. However, we want to reassure you that we have the safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff as our first priority.
25 March - Last of our guides home safely
Even though our tours concluded two days ago, we still had Kiwi Guides transitting back to Auckland with vehicles and this afternoon the last of our guides returned home safely.
At NZT 11.59 pm tonight New Zealand moves to Level 4 on our COVID 19 Alert Scale. This is a full nationwide lockdown for at least 4 weeks and as a non essential business our office will be closed but all team members are now working from home and we remain in full contact and communication.
23 March 2020 - Season concludes safely
As of last night all our domestic travellers returned home safely and our 2019/2020 travel season has now concluded. Thanks to all our guests and suppliers for your support and understanding in helping us wrap this season up under difficult circumstances. We look forward to getting back on the road again when we can.
20 March 2020 - Tour updates
As the welfare, health and safety of our guests is our first priority we have made the difficult decision to cancel the remaining departures for March and April 2020. Guests will be given the option to rebook on another tour next season or receive a refund of their tour cost.
We will be calling all guests booked on tours in March or April 2020 today. If you are booked on a tour and have any questions feel free to get in touch right away.
19 March 2020 - Updated booking conditions
In response to the developing Covid 19 pandemic, we have updated our booking policy.
No deposit is required for new bookings on any of our 2020/21 tours made before 1 June 2020. We will review this again on 1 June, based on New Zealand Government travel advice.
Our 2019/20 season is coming to a close and we currently have guests and guides on the road on our Molesworth Station & Golden Bay and Southern Odyssey tours which are continuing as normal. As the Warbirds Over Wanaka Interntational Airshow has been cancelled by the organizers, this tour has been cancelled and all guests have been contacted regarding this.